Re: Critique

by "Mike Burks" <mburks952(at)worldnet.att.net>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:38:28 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yosef,

I like your page, you have used alt tags on most of your images, you should
put them on all of them....your background is not intrusive so people with
visual disabilities can read your text.  The only problem I see is that you
have used a table to organize your text, but since you only have images in
the left hand cell I am not sure it would be a big problem for a blind
person with a screen reader.

The alt tags are good for several reasons not the least of which is that
about 30% of the people in the world who use the web do not run with images.
Meaning they will never see your images so the alt tags are quite useful.

Sincerely,

Mike Burks