Re: Critique of NPO - Fencing New Brunswick

by "Mike Jewell" <mjewell(at)mojsoft.demon.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Oct 1998 22:48:22 +0100
 To:  <flynn(at)fwds.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Very nice page - well done! A couple of niggles (and suggestions :-),
though:

- The two vertical stripes ( | | ) down the circular pictures that appear
when you move over a link aren't always in the same place - I know this is
very picky :-)
- It may be a good idea to have the icons closer together so that the
original picture with the two fencers doesn't reappear when you move from
one to another - when a picture flickers it tends to give you a headache
after a while :-)
- I had to scroll down to see the Copyright messages - could you put them to
the right of the 'kudos' icon?

- Suggestion time - could you use JavaScript/Java to do a transitional
effect from one picture to another? I think a wipe or dissolve would work
perfectly with them. I'm afraid I've got no idea of how to do it (a fade is
hard enough for me :-) but I think it would fit in excellently on your page.

Very nice background - I really like the side-bar text.

IE4, Win 95, 800x600,16bit.

Cheers,
/\/\ike