Re: Critique Nimrod at http://www.nimrod.com.sg/new/

by =?ISO-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?= <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:26:56 +0200
 To:  "hwg critique" <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Stanley,

First my equipment,
Browser    : IE5;     JavaScript : On;     Cookies    : On;
Line Speed : 28.8;        Platform   : Windows 98;
Screen size: 17 inch;    Resolution : 1024X768
Color depth: High color (16 bit)

You mentioned that you're aware of the missing ALT tags so I won't touch that.
The company.html gave a 404 but you said the site is not complete yet.

I don't have much to say about the site. The text is perfectly readable, you
haven't overdone with colors and design elements.

Ok, there was one thing that bothered me, namely "masthead3.gif". I think it
doesn't go well with "homepage1.jpg". The "homepage1.jpg" looks pretty
professional, but the masterhead looks like a image from a personal page.
Unfortunately I can't make any recommendations (can't think of any good ones).
You might want to re-check the color solution, font (important) and the white
edge(?) around the text.

And don't forget to add meta tags (keywords, description).

In general I like what you've done with the site (and it's way-way-way better
than the original one). Grats!

> Oh, the site is design for 800x600 as more than 80% of users in Singapore
> is using that resolution and above.

The same goes for people here in Estonia. The computer park is relatively new
and people have pretty good computers.

Well, good luck!

Yours,
Lauri V�in