Re: Critique

by "Katsuey(at)katsuey.com" <katsuey(at)katsuey.com>

 Date:  Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:06:43 -0400
 To:  "Michael Channing Wilson" <webmaster(at)digicomdesign.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> 1: if you'll look again you will see the background is not colored; the
> page calls a background image.

Background was not there when I reviewed the site.  Rather, like many pages
I cruise by, it showed the dirty gray color you get if you do not code a
background.  I didn't bother to look at the source since I see this all the
time.  With the background that is presently there, it makes it worse
because the image backgrounds are pure white while the page background image
has several colors.

> 2: what did you mean by: "My goodness there must be money in having
> one's contrast set high. I keep
> finding pages all over the internet which have the same problem"?

See above.

> 3: i will say i agree that the images look... less than professional.
> maybe a transparent gif is called for   here.

Well I didn't go that far because I hate to give negative feedback when I
realize that some people are just starting out and need encouragement of
what to do right instead of tearing down.