Re: Critique Site

by "Wendy Peck" <wpeck(at)wpeck.com>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:50:34 -0600
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
"Carrie" <carrie(at)cefwebdesign.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Carrie,

Nice clean site. It has a professional, industrial feel (if there is such a
thing), and it works for this product. The illustrations are great as are
the sidebars. I read far more of this site than I had intended to because it
is so easy to be caught up in the content and graphic enticements. Good
stuff!

On your history page, your photos need to have some breathing space. Just
too close to the text.

Somebody did a great job on the copy. If those are your words, give yourself
a pat on the back. I did not read it all, but what I saw was easy to read,
light, and yet informative. I did find it hard to read though, on the pages
where the text stretches across the page. I would prefer to see more little
clips, or illustrations or even blank space. I hate scrolling, but I would
rather scroll than try and talk my eyes into staying on one line for that
long without falling off.

Navigation is great. Instantly available and easy to understand.

I'm not much of a browser test: IE 5, Win 95, 800X600. However, I am on a
slow Canadian rural phone line and did not notice any long loads.

Terrific job .....

Wendy

Wendy Peck: Marketing Solutions Through Technology
Integrated, custom marketing strategy packages and Web design
http://wpeck.com

Production Graphics: New! Pro Photo Edges
by Wendy Peck at Webreference.com http://productiongraphics.com