Re: Critique plz

by "S Ross" <sross(at)sssnet.com>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:58:12 -0500
 To:  "Dean Hunter" <dean.hunter(at)rocketmail.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Hi there all,
>I would appreciate any comments of this commercial site:-
>http://www.feztravel.com/index.shtml
>Thanks in advance
>Deano

NN3.0/IE 4.?  800x600  24bit Color  31.2 connection.

The site loaded quickly.  However, the graphics are all a bit "jaggy"
I like the signposts as navigation, fits with the product.  But, in
NN, the post doesn't show, only the signs and the green gif at the
bottom of the post.
The blue background makes the harsh green of the maps even harder
on  the eyes.  Maybe tone down the maps and go to a more neutral
background color?
Degrades fairly well to browsers that don't support CSS, which is
my preferred browser NN3) If I hadn't glanced at the code, I wouldn't
have known it was CSS.  Then looking at it in a CCS compatible
browser, the design and layout does look better. It has more of a
personal page feel to it in Netscape.

HTH
S Ross
http://www.dreamfires.com