Re: Site critique: www.pricklypair.co.nz

by tcoffee(at)ksu.edu

 Date:  Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:43:36 -0600
 To:  Richard Lake <relake(at)akc.quik.co.nz>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Richard,

Great site! There's a standard navigation bar on each page for easy
navigation, the picture of the Monstera deliciosa is a great touch
(maybe a bit big?), the color palette is clean and makes sense for the
site, page elements are well laid out, proximity and contrast of page
elements makes for easy viewing/scanning.

There are only a few minor tweaks I might mention. On the products page,
the first time I viewed the page I couldn't tell the products listed
were links. The font/style/color of the text was very similar to the
other plain text on the page. I only found out there were links when I
moused, by accident, over the text. Maybe underline those links like
one the left-hand side? The font/text-style could be changed to set
them apart from the regular text on the page/site. They should look
like links. Maybe make them a bit more bluish to make them look like
links? Just a thought.

On the contacts page verify each data field before the contact form is
submitted. I successfully submitted the form without filling any of the
fields. On the sendemail.php page I received the message:

"Welcome to a new way to buy greenery!

Thank you for your message. We'll respond to you as soon as possible"

This came up after I hit the submit button on the contactus.php page,
but I didn't fill in any of the fields.

Again, great site. I wish I had a site this good in my portfolio. Even
the HTML, CSS, and accessibility look great/validate. I'm impressed.

Here's the OS, Browser, etc. I used to view the site:
Windows 2000 Professional, 1024x768 screen res., 16-bit color, Firefox
1.0.

Cheers,
Tom