Re: http://www.hombredehoy.net

by Gerhard Schoening <g.sch(at)onlinehome.de>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:17:49 +0100
 To:  "Antonio R." <aroh2002(at)hotmail.com>
 Cc:  "'Critique'" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Antonio,

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 07:26 you wrote:

> http://www.hombredehoy.net

> It is not 100% finished, but it�s almost. There are a few
> broken links.

> One thing, it is in Spanish, but can you browse through it
> please?

Took a bit too long to load - even on an ADSL connection.

1st page http://www.hombredehoy.net/index.html : why does it
scroll at 800x600 res (actually, short below 1024x768...)?
that probably will annoy visitors.

2nd page http://www.hombredehoy.net/sexo/nov02/mas1.html :
main navigation bar (left column) is missing!

I think you should add alt texts for your images.

I like the rich red + white color scheme though I'd drop
the black borders on left and right column.

Also, I'd change the buttons: remove the background image
(they add to download time, are too bold-shaped, and some of
the links texts break out of them anyway when you increase
font-size to 150% - if you care about that), make the
font-weight bold for better readybility, and style the
borders button-like with CSS.

I don't get the meaning of the content - but to me, the look is
clean and pleasing... decent margins around elements - not
crowded - fine :)

Viewed with Mozilla 1.1 on Win XP Pro.

--
Regards,

Gerhard

Gerhard Schoening, Web Freelancer
Development of Bilingual Accessible Websites

Redesigned in XHTML 1.0 Strict + CSS 2:
http://www.schoening-online.com

Community & Portal Websites in PHP & MySQL
http://www.cp-web.com