Re: Please critique http://www.tobiz.com

by "Collin Lim" <collinlim(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sun, 21 Jun 1998 20:02:06 PDT
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Gavin:

1.  The main page images looks great.  Very professional.

2.  I guess making the main page images so great comes with a penalty;
the loading time is very long.

3.  I was trying to point out some spelling errors, but there are just
too many.  A lot of misused words also, which will not be picked up by a
spell checker.  I'd suggest you to read all your pages carefully.
Nothing worse than having a professionally looking site with so many
errors.

4.  Regarding your "What Not To Do On Your Website!" page, you need to
reword some of the items.  For example, under the "Dangerous" category,
do you really mean "Keeping To The Point" is something I shouldn't do?

5.  In my opinion, animated GIFs and frames should be under the
"Dangerous" or "Not Recommended" categories, not "Mortal Sin".

6.  In your Client Portfolio page, why is "Toronto Business Directory"
one of your clients?  Isn't that you?

7.  Again, in the Client Portfolio page, you forgot to set the
background to white.  It is showing as grey, which is the default
default background color of my browser.

8.  Oh no, you're using frames in the Toronto Business Directory page.
Mortal Sin!  See what I meant on Item 4.  You don't want your potential
clients to see you're sinning.  ;)   The curve that links the top
frame's blue bar and the side frame's blue bar is not lining up
properly.  The top portion of the curve got cut off.

9.  I really like the background (globe) in the Health Watch page.
Again, very professional.

10.  Missing a link in the Health Watch page to return to the home page.

-Collin
collinlim(at)hotmail.com
http://members.xoom.com/collin/
http://members.xoom.com/gify/