Re: My personal site comes up for review...(Frames?)

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Oct 1998 21:35:41 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  sixten(at)4u.net,
hwg-crit <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sixten and all-

> The site is very nice, the colour scheme fine, the
background beautiful, the content interesting, it loaded
fast, even to Finland. The tips are very good, I'll
bookmark the site and check back now and then for more and
new tips.

Thank you , that is a wonderful compliment. I hope to keep
that part being added to as frequently as I can.

> A few comments:
> - This is a frames-only site, which means that anyone
with a browser that doesn't support frames, eg. IE2, can't
visit. I know that these are a small minority these days,
but ...

I tried to make the content page navigatible by non-frames
browsers, and included it in the noframes tag.

> - Your navigation frame has a horizontal scroll bar all
the time. I changed the window size from around 640*480 to
1280*1024, and the scroll bar was there all the time. Hold
it, I just noticed, that on the very first page there is
no horizontal scroll bar.

That is why I have you guys look at my pages. I noticed
that problem when i was just starting, and increased the
width of that frame.. but only on the main page. Now they
should all be changed.

> - The lines in the right frame are too long to be easily
read. On the resume page it's better, you might consider
doing the same for all pages.

You are right, it looks much better smaller. Done deal.

> - Write out your e-mail address, if someone wants to
print the pages and later contact you, it's impossible
without the address written out.

Working on that, i seem to have forgot.

> - The Linux Penguins link was not found.

I just put a placeholder in there till i could find the
address. up and running now.

> Very nice sight (written like this on purpose!),
> Sixten

Thanks again for taking the time to critique my site,

Luke

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- "Hey, what does mkfs do? Well, let's find out."