Re: CSS critique

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:14:54 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Michael Gerholdt <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>,
hwg-crit <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Michael-

> I'd really like to know how this looks at higher
resolutions, so I hope
> someone will take a look and let me know.
>
> It's good for a chuckle in NN, but in IE it shows how
CSS can make tables
> obsolete and diminish the need for some images, perhaps.
>
> Does the text string out to the right forever?
>
> http://www.fredonia.edu/fsa/css/notetab.htm

Several problems crop up, even in IE. It looks great at
640x480, but as soon as i go bigger OR smaller than that
the nav blue bar begins to expand, covering up part of the
title and spreading underneath the main text.

Also, yes the text does go on for ever, filling the screen
at whatever resolution.

Finally, the text was really hard for me to read because
it was so small on my resolution. Also, the white headers
on the light blue are very dificult to read.

W95c IE4.01, NN4.5b2, 1280x1024, millions, 17in monitor.

Luke

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- "Hey, what does mkfs do? Well, let's find out."