Re: I'm being brave - Lemme Have It!

by "S. Beach" <sabrina_beach(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:52:34 -0800 (PST)
 To:  waynef(at)cyberenet.net,
HTML Writers Guild Critiques <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

*sigh* if only I could convince the local gay rag to let me do their
site... ;)

The redesign is a vast improvement on the original design, but:

1.  I'd like to know what's going to be on the pages.  The only one I
have time to look at right now is the "opinion" page, and I have to
scroll down to see the rest of the page below the op-ed comic.

What I'd like to see instead of articles bunched together is a list of
articles, complete with a short paragraph describing what the article
is about.  I get no other information other than it's an opoinion
page. hrm...something similar to the "scene" page, but with more info.

2.  The pages scroll for too long.  1 page per story is enough, with
separate pages for longer stories.  (See any of the major magazine
sites....http://www.time.com/, for example.)

3.  The newsprint background hurts my eyes after a bit.  I like the
idea, though.

4.  The graphics (except for the ones in the nav frame) are large and
not very friendly.  The whitespace around them makes them poor quality.

That's all I have time for.  Hope it helps!
--skb, not susan.  ;)

---Wayne Fisher <waynef(at)cyberenet.net> wrote:

> OK.... in light of the past few days, I'm gonna be real brave here and
> request a critique of a site I recently redesigned:
>
> Original design: http://www.gaywired.com/update
> New design: http://www.gaywired.com/update/redesign
>
> And, for those of you offended by gay subject matter (no, there's
> nothing obsence or objectionable on the site), don't bother.
>
> - Wayne

==