Re: Please Critique

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Jan 1999 14:36:57 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Jake Moore <moore(at)rebeltrail.com>,
hwg-crit <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Very nice clean site. I don't think you would be wrong to
have it live now. So here are my suggestions for improving
little things:

1. Colors! Overall I really liked the blue side nav and
title bars. The earth behind that compliments the tan in
the headings of the text of each page, and the colors of
the bars. However, there are a few places where the color
doesn't seem connected. First, the mouseovers. Bright
yellow does not appear anywhere else that I could find,
and certainly seemed out of place. Perhaps you could echo
the tan?

2. Also, the first page only has a logo on it, perhaps it
is the old logo? the globe there doesn't match the
realness of the background earth. and the darker brown of
the ellipse seems odd.

3. The many computer related images scattered everywhere
often don't seem to be connected to the text they are next
to, and some of them are just not great pictures. Consider
using just the best of these images, where it makes sense.

4. At the beginning of each page the title is repeated at
least three times. Perhaps this is overkill?

Overall, very nice. Keep spreading the good work.

Luke

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- ..some tiny cows, two brushstrokes each,
       but confidently cows.. - 'Poem' by Elizabeth Bishop

---Jake Moore <moore(at)rebeltrail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've got a test site for my company that I want to
launch very soon. It's at
> http://www.rebeltrail.com. - totally redesigned from last
> year. Love to hear opinions...
>
> BTW - A little off topic, but I am starting to use
FrontPage 2000. I hated
> FP98 because of the way it ate code, but it seems the
gurus at MS (I know -
> that was an oxymoron) have fixed the problems. Dare I
say.. I think it