Re: Pony Express Home Station

by Crazy Bread <crazybreadstick(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:48:37 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Tom Crews <xptom(at)ccnet.com>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Most of the things I see are on the home page and are things that have
been brought up in the recent past.  For instance, the writing in the
images at the bottom of the home page, those fonts just don't cut it
for that size.. it looks like you typed it tiny and then stretched it
all the way up.  - The scrolling text box took quite a bit to load for
me and I'm at work at 7:30pm when everyone is gone and the download
rate is usually about 115kb/s.  Although I do like how I can manually
scroll it when get impatient.  Finally as far as the home page goes
not only do I see how the "This page is best viewed. . ." is relevant,
I never liked being told how to look at a page cause professionally it
should be good every way.. thats what we get the big bucks for <grin>.
 Overall the sight was a well called for cliche' of a design and
properly brought out.. just loose that flashing "new".. ugh that thing
was frightening.   Hope that helps and good luck.

RBrooks

---Tom Crews <xptom(at)ccnet.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate your reviews of my site.  In particular I am most
> interested in ease of navigation around the site as well as how well
it
> appears on various browsers.  If you comment on the latter, please
indicate
> the browser that you use.  Thanks.
> ----------------------------------
> Tom Crews, Concord, CA
> Following the Trail of the Pony Express
> From the Past to the Present into the Future
> Please visit the Pony Express Home Station at
> http://www.ccnet.com/~xptom

==
"Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned.
"I am fond of all that is clean, but I have no wish to see the grinning snouts and thurst of the unclean. They cast their eye into the well: now their revolting smile shines up out of the well. They have poisoned the holy water with their lustfulness and when they call their dirty dreams pleasure they poison the language too."
                          - Fredrick Nietzsche