Re: If you guys get a wee bit of time...

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:09:04 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Michael Channing wilson <webmaster(at)lucidmind.com>,
hwg-crit <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Very clean. So I am left to criticize those things which
DIDN'T work or need some work. (No dinner for you! It's a
little late anyways.)

Other comments about logo being way to light and airy, and
the contact button taking all the glory are right on.
Contact is the one odd element, it seems it would go
better below the similar Home button and then use where it
used to be for a heading for each page.

Colors in general are good, if rather subdued. i would
suggest adding some contrasting color, either to pull the
logo out or for the mouseovers (or both! that would be
good.)

The navigation and top images are clean and distinctive,
but the rest of the site is even more drab. Try to find a
way to echo the lines of the nav in the text part.
Something to anchor the lower right hand corner perhaps?

That's all the wee time I got tonight, make some
improvements and send it back at us in a day or two!

Luke

P.S. NN4.5, Win95, 1280x1024, Mils o' colors, 42K connect,
the worlds best enchiladas, courtesy of a great mother!

---Michael Channing wilson <webmaster(at)lucidmind.com> wrote:

> OK... One Commercial Critique requested
>
> If you guys get a wee bit of time on your hands I would
appreciate a
http://www.creativecms.com/ I just
> finished updating the layout and the graphics. I had
nothing to do with
> the content itself, as the company owner has written
this. The _goal_
> was to keep the site professional looking and quick
> simplify the navigation so you can access most any area
of the site from
> any other page. Did I succeed in the above?
>
> Need info on the following:
>
> Browser and Version
> Screen resolution
> Modem speed
> and what your having for dinner in case I want to come
over.

> Please comment on:
>
> Layout
> Graphics
> Do the mouse overs work
> Download Times
> Areas you would improve and how
> and any suggestions you may have

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- ..some tiny cows, two brushstrokes each,
       but confidently cows.. - 'Poem' by Elizabeth Bishop