Re: Please critique -- DUH!

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:03:00 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Susan Daniels <susandaniels(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-crit <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi-

The splash page took a while to load. Ask yourself if it
adds anything to the site and whether it is needed.

The top navigation frame seemed to take up a lot of space.
I realize you need the space for the mouseover (well,
maybe not all that space) but perhaps have a default image
for when it is not moused-over. Like...

A title! The page says nothing about the name of the group.

Also, the top navigation frame looks even worse on higher
resolution. (Even 800x600.) Just not enough there when it
is not mouse over. Perhaps centering everything in that
frame. That would mean not using CSS absolute positioning,
but I question whether that is necessary too.

Is the green significant? or the strawberries? I just
don't see any connection to the tiger either. Having the
green so prominient makes the splash page not fit in either.

That's all I have time for now, let us know when you have
improved it again,

Luke

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- ..some tiny cows, two brushstrokes each,
       but confidently cows.. - 'Poem' by Elizabeth Bishop