Re: 1999 Walkathon Site (non-profit)

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:07:09 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Collin Lim <collinlim(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-crit <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Very nice site Collin (once again!).

I liked the final image of the virtual walk :)

The mouseovers for the menu bar look odd if you move
quickly over them. This is almost always a problem with
animated moueovers, i wouldn't worry about it much.

The subtitle (1999 - Palo Alto...) on the header graphic
was hard to read (on 1280x1024 resolution). the gradient
behind and glare makes it difficult.

colors are good.

having the register link separate from the navigation. oh,
it goes to another site. Perhaps having a page on your
site with instructions on registering? And then link from
there to the diabetes.org page? Seemed rather abrupt and a
lack of intructions.

Overall very well done.

Luke

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- ..some tiny cows, two brushstrokes each,
       but confidently cows.. - 'Poem' by Elizabeth Bishop

---Collin Lim <collinlim(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to request a critique on the 1999 Palo Alto
America's Walk for
> Diabetes site.  Would like some comments on load time,
design,
> navigation, contents, etc.  Especially need you to check
the
> functionality of the Virtual Walk.  Notice that the
pictures in the
> Virtual Walk are not real at this time.
>
> Use "guild" as password to Virtual Walk and Committee
page.