Re: please critique www.amicaog.com

by "Susan Daniels" <susandaniels(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:27:07 PST
 To:  frank(at)steeman.nl.com,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Can you please do me a favour and critique

Frank,

I have to be honest, the layout and the colors do nothing for your site.
If I were out surfing, I'd click away as fast as possible. But since you
asked for a critique, I'll stay a little longer and make some points.

First of all, the title gets lost. It needs to be more noticable, and
needs to have more white space around it. Try putting the amica logo
near the top, and give it more emphasis visually.

The logo itself is an OK design, but it needs to be anti-aliased so the
edges aren't jagged.

The eye has absolutely no path to follow. Take the text back to a more
traditional design. I can't read the text (Dutch?) so I'm not sure, but
maybe some of it should be on separate pages?

The table cells colors are Easter-egg-y.

The icons in the blue cell are unprofessional. Most are black and blue
(or transparent? I didn't check) but then one is yellow and gold.
Overall they add nothing, so I'd lose them.

Good luck,
Susan