Re: Commercial Site - Gutter Topper

by Amanda <osw_amanda(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 8 Feb 1999 01:42:52 -0800 (PST)
 To:  jnwhittley(at)fuse.net,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi,

Only took a quick look at both backgrounds: in this case, definitely
go with the white! The black looks kinda mournful and I doubt that's
what your client wants. Also, text was a little hard to read, since it
was all so dark. But I'm using a HP monitor at work and compared to
the one at home, all colors tend to be darker.
NS4, 600x800, 16bit

Amanda.

---Nancy <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net> wrote:

> Dear Group,
>
> I would like a critique on a site that is almost finished.
> It is commercial site, and the customer wanted a Black background.
> So I have created the site in double.. black and white
> The link I provide is a splash page you can choose...
> Either the black background site or the white background site.
>
> If you visit both, please tell me which you prefer.
> I am interested in everyone's take on the black and white background
> issue.. And any other comments you have..  include your specs please.
>
> http://www.ohiowebdesign.com/gutter/gtindex.html
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nancy

==