Re: Need critique www.bluesarthouse.com

by "Collin Lim" <collinlim(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Mon, 08 Feb 1999 10:02:28 PST
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>http://www.bluesarthouse.com/arthousegraphicsgallery.htm

>I had a terrible time getting the javascript mouseovers
>to work in Netscape.  They seem to be working now so I
>just wanted some feedback to make sure.

MouseOver effect is working fine on Netscape Communicator 4.03.

>Could you also check the imagemap at the bottom of the
>main page.  The images weren't flush together in all
>resolutions but I think I've fixed that as well.

The images at the bottom of the main page look fine at 1152x864.  By the
way, it is not an imagemap.

I have some other comments about the subject site.  Not sure if you want
them but I'll give them anyway:

1. Very nice graphics.

2. Need to set background color to white in the body tag.  Since I set
my browser's default background color to grey, you page looks terrible.

3. I would look that vertical frame border separating the navigation
area from the main page.

4. A nicer header (Blue's ArtHouse Gallery) would be good.  Make an
image out of it.  After all, you are selling graphics, right?

5. Because of gallerylogo.gif, the header is not centered.  Try using
tables to make them all lined up.

>While you're at it, if anyone has any extra time and
>would like to take some shots and critiquing more of
>my site too it's: http://www.bluesarthouse.com

1. Again, nice graphics.

2. Part of the page is centered but other part is not.  I would make
them consistent.

3. Background image needs to be stretched out horizontally.  I see
repeated vertical blue stripe at 1152x864.  I'm sure a lot of others are
viewing at higher than that.