Re: Commercial Site Critique

by rbrooks <crazybreadstick(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:54:51 -0800 (PST)
 To:  escalate(at)ne.infi.net,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
First impression- where and what on earth do i click to get somewhere?
Once I find where, why do i care about a link on his "wife"?

-main page
--the underline for the links also underlines the spaces after word

-inside
--"Models shown above are NOT actual size :) "  is this a personal
page or a business page?  in my opinion business is not the place for
humor or a smiley face.. humor works sometimes, but not plastered in
the middle of the screen.
--Where you have the links for cars.. how come when i click way to the
left of a car in a very blank white space i go to the car to the right
of it?
--Also if you want to make a line of links for the cars, "\" in that
shape.. make the middle car the center.. and the top ones to the left
of the center, bottom to the right...
--For the bottom.. i would not have "Email Me" bold.. way too
distracting

-Site Map
--I dealt with the light colors till now.. if i were looking at this
site cause i wanted a car i'd leave right there and go to a place i
don't have to strain my eyes at.

hope this helps.. good luck

---Pat and Steve <escalate(at)ne.infi.net> wrote:

> Dear List,
> Please critique:
> http://www.TheBluegrasspages.com
> This is a commercial site for my husband.  I think I am almost
finished
> (depends on the critiques).
> Notes:
> *Some of the pages have those darn popups(this will change when I
> upgrade account.
> *I realize that seeing my husband's name so many times through out
this
> site is obnoxious but if his name is not remembered the site is
> semi-useless.
> *There are some noticeable inconsistencies throughout the site
> (ie. email addy, font type and size, husbands name) this is because I
> haven't decided which I think is most appropriate.
> *The "Finance page" and the "specials and incentives page" are not yet
> up.
>
> I am most interested in browser compatibility (I have checked this in
> browserola but it doesn't catch everything).
> Layout and Design(still working on the used car search output html-I
> know that's ugly)
> Content-is it a worthwhile site?
> TIA,
>
> Pat

==
"Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned.
"I am fond of all that is clean, but I have no wish to see the grinning snouts and thurst of the unclean. They cast their eye into the well: now their revolting smile shines up out of the well. They have poisoned the holy water with their lustfulness and when they call their dirty dreams pleasure they poison the language too."
                             - Fredrick Nietzsche