Re: new

by rbrooks <crazybreadstick(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:19:33 -0800 (PST)
 To:  nineto9webdesign(at)mindspring.com,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
if you do not want "I can't believe it looks like such and such." then
take that banner off fasttttttttttt.  anyway...

first impression- that green background sticks it's nose out way way
too far; set the frame width at pixels, not percent.  the color scheme
is semi alright but it doesn't work in the logo.  also the logo and
slogan desporately need to be centered.

-i.e.  if i'm at "home", then don't let me click the "home" button.
-"alink" should not be the same as the background color.  i thought it
disappeared
-guestbook background should be consistant with the rest of the site
-if the company name is 9 to 9 then why does the clock in the logo say
9 exactly?
-offer a no frames version.. not only for people who cannot use them,
but for people like me who are more than turned off by them unless
they are used in a unique or crucial way

hope that helps

---nineto9webdesign(at)mindspring.com wrote:

> Hi, I'm new. I came to this list to improve my site. I just opened
my web
> design business after being a stay at home mom for 2 years. I am a
former
> special ed. teacher, but have decided to stay home with MY kids for
a few
> years. I taught myself html and decided to put it to use.  I know
there are
> alot of different things I could do to my site to improve it  and
would
> like to get some feedback as to where to begin to make it look more
> professional. I am hoping for things like....you might try this or
that,
> rather than, I can't believe it looks like such and such.  Please be
kind.
> And thanks to those who are checking it out. Karla

> www.9to9webdesign.com
> nineto9webdesign(at)mindspring.com
> " Working for you around the Clock!"

==
"Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned.
"I am fond of all that is clean, but I have no wish to see the grinning snouts and thurst of the unclean. They cast their eye into the well: now their revolting smile shines up out of the well. They have poisoned the holy water with their lustfulness and when they call their dirty dreams pleasure they poison the language too."
                             - Fredrick Nietzsche