Re: crit request -business site

by rbrooks <crazybreadstick(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:52:45 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Charles Daly <interiordesigner(at)home.com>,
list <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
first impression
-ok i guarentee every critique will say this... loose the flashy stuff
on the first page
-i don't really see the need for your scrolling text.. why not make a
creative logo instead
-the bold blue links on a black background hurt my eyes a lil.. try
creating some buttons.. or making the page look a lil more stable

inside...
-i'd get rid of the blue borders around the pics
-don't underline any text unless it is a link.. or most people will
think it is one
-if you are using this web page as an advertising medium, consider
getting a whole new page for your personal stuff... especially the "do
not mouse over here" might be just a lil too annoying for potential
clients.

---Charles Daly <interiordesigner(at)home.com> wrote:

> Yet another request (ok, a beg) for a crit of my half-business
> (interior design, not web design!) half-other interests site.
> All crits are eagerly anticipated - pulleeeze!
> And, if anyone can help me understand why the applets on the
> opening page work in NS 4.5 and not in IE5, I'd love to know.
> (Applet works fine in NS3+ and IE3+ on my older 'puter but not
> on my million dollar Dell with tons of RAM, vid ram, etc.??)
> Dell has no idea why, nor does MS.  If Bill Gates doesn't know,
> I thought perhaps you might.
> Regards to a great group.
> Charles Daly, Toronto, Canada
> http://www.designersatwork.com

==
"Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned.
"I am fond of all that is clean, but I have no wish to see the grinning snouts and thurst of the unclean. They cast their eye into the well: now their revolting smile shines up out of the well. They have poisoned the holy water with their lustfulness and when they call their dirty dreams pleasure they poison the language too."
                             - Fredrick Nietzsche