re: site review 2

by Craig Atkinson <craig(at)golden.net>

 Date:  Sun, 01 Feb 1998 16:08:35 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>From: Krystalle Voecks <pandaba(at)tovproductions.com>
>
>How fast does it load?  (Excellent, good, fair, poor)
>How does the overall layout/art look?
>Platform used:
>Speed connection:
>Browser used:
>any other comments:

using ie4.0 w/ win95 and a 28.8 baud connection

I have some comments regarding the layout of the graphics.
Is it totally necessary to have them setup in that X grid pattern?
In my opinion it looks totally strange. It is good to get that
other stuff down towards the bottom (the disclaimer and the text links)
even on my 1024x768 resolution monitor. which raises an interesting point
in that none of the icon links will show up on a 640x480 resolution. The
title graphic is just too big. 800x600 gives only 3 of the 5 icons.
most of the room is wasted on the 'welcome to' and then the white space
following and then after the graphic on the horizontal rule sword. i'm not
a fan of horizontal rules although yours is tasteful and i assume related to
the topic of the site ... ? I have no idea what the site is about and would
not know where to click if i ended up there.

most animations are just plain annoying and i get that impression from yours
but only because there are two of them. and they aren't even links! I think
it might be better if the image was incorporated into the sentance and was
the link
from that page to the other one. it is common on the internet to want to try
and click on moving objects .. i even tried it to get to the news page and i
only then realized that i needed to click in the sentance.

the disclaimer is really long and might be served usefully by having it's
own page to reside on. a small link could be served at the bottom of the
document somewhere to publish a copyright symbol or something that leads
to the disclaimer .. whatever it is up to you.

i did like the simplicity of the site and the visual asethetics (sp?)
good luck on the finished product.