Re: Please critique commercial site

by Snow Ballard <snowlei(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 8 Jun 2000 06:25:20 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Michael West <webmaster(at)mwwebdesign.com>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is just a quick critique...

I like your choice of color, but the overall design
doesn't grab me. The left frame background is not too
good and the buttons are too large, if you look at it
on a smaller screen you loose alot of space to the
navigation and your text gets all squeezed up.

As far as text goes, I think that you should make the
special pricing (i.e. $25.00 per year hosting) more
noticeable, it should grab the customers eye when they
come to the page. People are going to look at the page
and turn away because of all the text.  Save the text
for later pages when people are willing to read.

Otherwise, it loads fast and the pages are consistent
which is very good.  There is flow.

Netscape Navigator, 21" monitor, true color, isdn

Snow Ballard
Web Devloper

--- Michael West <webmaster(at)mwwebdesign.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just completed a web site for a client of mine and
> before they open
> for business, I would like to have the site checked
> out by the experts.
> The site requires Java Script be turned on and
> because Opera doesn't
> support the Java script being used that browser is
> redirected to another
> page requesting they use either NS or IE. The same
> goes for WebTv users,
> that browser does not work correctly with the cgi
> scripts used for
> ordering.
>
> What I would like to hear about:
>
> 1) Over all look and ease of navigation?
> 2) Any Java Script errors on older browsers?
> 3) Approximate load time (I'm on Cable) ?
> 4) With larger screen resolutions are the navigation
> buttons still
> readable?
> 5) Any other comments, please feel free to be brutal
>
> One last note:
> The site was designed for 800X600 or higher
> resolution but should
> degrade well.
> Also this is a frame site.
>
> Please visit: http://www.home-port.net/
>
> --
> Sincerely
> Michael West
> http://www.mwwebdesign.com/

=====
Want to get hit by a snowball?

http://www.cast.uark.edu/~snowball

The Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies
http://www.cast.uark.edu
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville