Re: critique re-design of existing e-commerce site

by Snow Ballard <snowlei(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  pbabcock(at)bgsgroup.com
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I like the look of the site, it fits the content very
well.  I did have a little wait on the load time, but
I did see you explanation for that.

I didn't have any problems with the grey box alignment
and I'm viewing it on NN 4.61

The site does make me want to shop around, but you
might want to mention the download time problem untill
it is fixed because I would be turned off by that if I
didn't know that there was a problem.

I like the graphics, nice job.

Snow Ballard
Web Developer

--- Phil Babcock <pbabcock(at)bgsgroup.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have been working for over a year on the redesign
> of
> www.dvdboxoffice.com, a busy (1.5 million + hits a
> month) e-commerce site
> on which we sell DVD movies.  The old site was on
> Netscape Enterprise
> server and Oracle Database and the new site is on an
> IIS 5 server (using
> asp) and SQL 7 server.  Based on the log files from
> the old site we have
> designed this site to work primarily in IE5+ and
> NN4+.  IE5 accounts for
> 90%+ of our traffic, and NN almost all of the rest
> of it.
>
> Anyhow, I would appreciate any critiques you care to
> offer.
>
> here is the url:
>
> http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/
>
> tia,
>
> Phil Babcock
> Lead Web Designer
> BGS Group Inc.

=====
--Life is not worth living if you can't feel alive.--

http://www.cast.uark.edu/~snowball

The Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies
http://www.cast.uark.edu
University of Arkansas