Re: The Great Music Site

by Ray Dittmeier <ray(at)dancingmouse.com>

 Date:  Tue, 06 Jan 1998 10:41:47 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:06 PM 1/5/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I have recently updated my site, changed some bands and lay-out. And it is
>now time to let you critique my site.
>
>I want to know everything about:
>-lay-out

Very good, for the most part.  But I don't quite understand the "Week 1,"
"Week 2," (etc) places on the home page.  I'm guessing you're going to
spotlight a selected band every week?  Whatever the idea, I'd suggest a
more descriptive title, such as "Featured band for the week of..."

>-navigation

Again, very good and intuitive.  I like having it organized alphabetically
and by category.

About the thing with letters that don't have band names leading to blank
pages -- I wouldn't mind if it were only one or two.  But as it is, I'd
suggest making the "good" letters different somehow.  Maybe put them in
bold and/or a brighter color than the others.

>-content

Yet again, very good.  Informative.  But to echo other comments, the site
could use the services of a proofreader.  This, really, is the only thing
I'd consider a problem (as opposed to "things that could be better").

--Ray