Re: Web Critique (3rd request)

by "michael(at)net-make.com" <webmaster(at)net-make.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Jan 1998 12:32:37 -0800
 To:  Web Critique <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:53 AM 1/9/98 -0700, Gabriele Endress wrote:

>http://rielle.simplenet.com/SailorMoon.html

--------------------

Hi Gabriele -

I'm usually a lurker on this list because I'm straight to the point when it
comes to critique (don't want people to think I'm a jerk for being honest).
 :)

One suggestion I would make for your site is to include links to every
"character" on each of the pages. Once I clicked on Moon, Sailer, etc., I
had to use my browser's back button or your link to the main page to see
another character. Generally, users hate doing this, and will quickly
become bored with a site - eventually leaving.

I've worked indirectly with members of the W3C on design presentations
(general stuff) as well as CSS, and cannot stress the importance of
navigation enough.

Your overall design is nice. As for being worried about 640X480 res,
generally a centered table with width set ant anywhere from 70% to 90% will
be fine. Of course, graphics and text will be larger, but you should have
no horizontal scrolling.

specs:
Win95
IE4.o1