Re: Critique (gently) my site please

by Troy Cefaratti <webmaster(at)sbase1.com>

 Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 1998 23:50:47 -0500
 To:  Robyn Wright <robynw(at)anet-stl.com>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:21 PM 2/4/98 -0600, Robyn Wright wrote:
>Ok, I have been reading here for quite some time now and have been chicken
up till this point to ask
>for a critique.  But, for some reason I am feeling bold today!  So tell me
what you think, but
>gently please.  I'm sure I will toughen up in time, but right now is not
that time.  Thanks for your
>input!

Viewed with NN 4.04 (win95b) at 1024x768x24bit on a 17" monitor over a 28.8
connection

Overall impression:

ACK!  Green!!!  (sorry, i had a bad reaction to the colors.  Personal
preference only though)

The page loaded quickly, probably due to the minimalistic design (which i
like BTW).

Although the text colors on the main page are fine, i found the navigation
buttons on the left a bit hard to read. The "arrows" logo in the upper left
also blends into the background a bit.

Since the links on the left link further down into the same page, you might
want to consider using frames.  This way they will always be visible, and
the viewer won't have to keep scrolling up or hitting back to get to the
top of the screen to use them.

The contest is a good idea  :)

  Troy Cefaratti                          mailto:mnementh(at)sbase1.com
  Cefaratti Network Solutions                 http://www.sbase1.com/
  StarBase One Communications            mailto:webmaster(at)sbase1.com
  425-A Superior Building
  815 superior Avenue                                 (216) 619-1500
  Cleveland, Ohio 44114