Re: Quick layout question

by Kevin Dyck <kdyck(at)styluscreative.ca>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Mar 1998 13:33:11 -0800
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

I looked at your site in IE4 and Netscape 3 & 4, on a wintel platform. It
looks great in all of them but best in IE4.

As for your spacing problem, I presume you mean the small gap between the
'Unix Servers' graphic and the red 'Home.Showeb.Net' graphic. Try adding
'border=0' to your nested table, that should join the two.

I'm not too sure why the red vertical line doesn't show up in Netscape, but
I suspect it has something to do with the 'height=100%' attribute in the tag.

I did find one error in the HTML: the third main table row was not closed.
That might have something to do with it.

One problem I have found previously with Netscape browsers is that if you
want a series of images to connect on a row the image tags must all be on
the same row in the code. I find it's usualy easier to put each button in
its own table cell and specify no space between them. That will work the
same on all browsers.

Hope this helps,
Kev