Re: Scottish Radiance New Look

by "Michael B. Clark" <mclark(at)homemail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 19 Dec 1997 14:40:47 -0500
 To:  "Sharma Krauskopf" <hilltopfarm(at)mindspring.com>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hello,

This page http://www.hebrides.com/radhtp97.htm was not found.

This page http://www.hebrides.com/radiance/radtab97.htm loaded
quickly. The colors were ok. The blueish-gray background made it feel
rather foggy out, which is what I kid of imagine Scotland to be like.
With the table on the left of the page, I felt tilted. Maybe center
the information, or allow the table to stretch all the way across the
page. If the table did go all the way across the page, it would be a
lot shorter as well. I did feel like the bottom of the page would
never show up.

I'd suggest removing the circular email animated gif. I've seen it
everywhere and am kind of sick of it.

I'd strongly suggest that you validate your pages. For more
information see http://www.hwg.org/resources/useful.html#2.0 .

This looks like a great start to an Internet publication that will
come out on a regular basis, I would guess.

Viewed with Netscape Communicator 4.0, Windows 95,
Pentium-133, 16MB RAM, 33.6 modem, 1024x768x256 color.

I hope this helps. Michael

At 11:42 AM 12/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Please give me your opinions on two of the main pages for Scottish
>Radiance - A Hebridean Journal which will be uploaded for Jan 1.
>
>http://www.hebrides.com/radhtp97.htm
>http://www.hebrides.com/radiance/radtab97.htm
>
>The radtab page is the what the whole site revolves around.
>It could be shorter but that is difficult with my staff and the
>content of the site is gigantic.
>

>Alba gu Deo! (Scotland Forever),
>
>Sharma Krauskopf
>Editor
>Scottish Radiance
>A Hebridean Journal
>http://www.hebrides.com/radiance
>Electronically Published by Eolas
>Managed by Innovative Consulting Services, Inc.

No unsolicited advertising please.