Re: Critiques?

by emma <emma(at)activenet-marketing.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:42:16 +0000
 To:  Zach <zinkz(at)stumail.clackesd.k12.or.us>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
PC.  Modem connected at 50,000kbs, Netscape Navigator 4.03, 9.10am UK time

Dear Zach,

Your site was quick to download, in fact it was almost lightning fast.
Looked good at a resolution of 1024 X 678 and certainly held its own at 640
X 480.

>From a marketing point of view it is blunt but well executed.  You
certainly have the 4 AIDA steps there.  The big red headline is very
attention grabing.  You have put clear signposts to the other areas of the
site which unequivocally state what is going to be there but don't thry o
tell the browser too much at once, which is great for getting interest.
You have a product which creates it's own desire factor - money, and there
are calls to action all over the place (e.g. "you must act now!".)  Very
simple but effective.

You have a way to contact Mr. Gangon on every page through the link to the
contact info page,  which is excellent, though it could maybe be a little
more conspicuous.  Apart from that, as I said, as a commercial site it's
excellent and one I would have been proud to create myself (no this is not
sycophancy.)

One thing I perhaps would suggest from a coding point of view would be to
use a spacer gif  instead of nonbreaking spaces to indent your text.  It is
purely a matter of personal preference but I find that it gives you control
over the spacing of text to the exact pixel.  This is perhaps hair
splitting though.

As someone who has just started out myself in the world of commercial site
creation I wish you the best of luck in your venture.

Emma.