Re: Throwing myself to the wolves

by Bev Parks <cloudbow(at)primenet.com>

 Date:  Sat, 06 Dec 1997 20:37:28 -0700
 To:  Chris Rickard <cjr158(at)psu.edu>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:05 PM 12/6/97 -0500, Chris Rickard wrote:
>Hello, I'm new to the HWG and to html and web page programming in
>general.  I have been teaching myself html in my free time (which there
>isn't much of since I'm a chemistry major at Penn State University).   I
>would appreciate it if you would look at my personal homepage at
>
>http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Realm/6324

Hey, Chris.

My first question is Why do you call the page Snowy Mountain? I have to
tell you that there is nothing about the design of the page that says
"snowy mountain" to me. A page's title and overall design usually go
together in some way. I'm afraid yours doesn't.  8-(

In my opinion, beginners should stay away from using dark backgrounds and
multi-colored text. That is a design combination that is hard to get right,
even by experienced page designers.

On your images page you remind everyone that the Rage graphics are
copyrighted. That's good. However, do *you* have permission to use them?
That statement at the bottom of your home page does not relieve you of your
legal obligation to get permission before using them.

I filled out your Christmas survey... Great fun!

Well, you said to be brutal, so I was. I hope some of my comments are helpful.

Viewing with...
Win 95; Netscape 3.03, default font Times New Roman, 16 pt;
28.8 dial-up connection; 17-inch monitor, 1024 x 768.

Bev Parks  =^.^=  cloudbow(at)primenet.com
http://www.primenet.com/~cloudbow/
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/pool/