Re: Please look at my webpage

by "Michael B. Clark" <mclark(at)homemail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Dec 1997 13:26:23 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  trombly2(at)onslowonline.net
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hello Ron,

Specific comments:

1. Wow! Incredibly slow load time. After 6 minutes I hit stop. It
could be Geocities, but probably your images could be trimmed down.
Also, animated GIFs can be quite large.

2. Your guest book text at the bottom of the page needs a space
between "Sign my guestbook" and "view guestbook".

3. A lot of your images don't do anything. I was expecting them to be
links. Add some real content about the pictures. Tell us why the
images are important to you.

General comments:

1. To learn about HTML, do what you're doing: just jump in! Read
through sections 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 at
http://www.hwg.org/resources/useful.html . Also join and read the
html-basics listserv at the HWG. It is very useful. Feel free to look
at the source code for other's people pages that you like. Copy their
code; make changes to it; and look at what happens. This way you'll
learn.

2. Keep your first web page. I still have my first one from about 3
years ago. I cringe when I look at it, but it is kind of neat to see
how far I've progressed.

I think you're off to a good start. Keep at it.

Viewed/surfed with:  Netscape Navigator 3.0 Gold; 28.8 modem; Windows

95; 800x600x256 colors; java and javascript turned off.

I hope that helps. Good luck. Michael