Re: ruin my Christmas

by Chris Taverna <tchris(at)netsync.net>

 Date:  Sat, 20 Dec 1997 23:47:12 -0500
 To:  "Funkyllama Creations" <llama(at)myna.com>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)goldendome.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:01 PM 12/20/97 +0000, Funkyllama Creations wrote:
>Ok... I have some free time over Christmas to update one of my
>companys' web sites...
>http://www.bsoc.com
>if you would be so kind could you take a look and tell me:
>
>1) load time (my biggest concern)

30 seconds with a 33.6 connection

>2) relevancy of content (IE - Do I get my message out clearly?)

relevant

>3) quality and use of graphics

good

>4) ease of navigation

easy

>I know some people don't like mouseovers that write to the staus
>bar... I tried to make it a little better by including the URL of the
>page after each message that appears in the status bar. Is this a
>good compromise?

Why bother with onmouseover anyway? The links make enough sense without them.

>And there is a non-frames alternative for those who
>have no choice or prefer to view sites sans-frames.

Always a nice option :-}

Perhaps putting the URL for your links in the samples section instead of
click here. Just a personal preference, I like to show the URL for links
that take a visitor off site.