Re: X-Mas Site: www.saintclick.com

by "Chuck McGee, Jr." <cmj(at)airmail.net>

 Date:  Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:49:08 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org

At 02:03 PM 12/19/97 -0500, Michael B. Clark wrote:

>1. The text and graphics look really sharp. But on my monitor, the
>first screen only, they are all on the left of the screen, with half
>the scren blank. Maybe try it centered.

Tried it centered and decided to keep it ... couldn't decide before you
said something ... ;-)

>2. A very cute set of letters. I only read the first few, but one
>thought I had was "Gee, they're all overworked. Maybe they won't
>treat me right since they all want to go home to their families."

True ... but you could look at it another way ... We spend so much time
with our clients that it can be assumed you would receive the same amount
of attention and dedication.

Actually ... the site is a parody.  In the ad world ... time at the office
is excessive and the clients know this. That's reality.

Things that have been enhanced upon since receiving responses from the
group:  I've added a page number to the each letter, mainly because of the
steadily leaving before they were finished (I took this to mean the visitor
didn't know how much farther they had to go and didn't want to find out)
Now they know how many there are.

What does everyone think ... easier to follow along now?

Cleaned up the form a little bit and added some extra features (drop-down
options and such) per request.
Any other suggestions ... perhaps your native tongue in the salutation and
the closing?

The site has faired well so far ... one thing though ... I might have made
a mistake by committing to answering all of the responses .... what a task.

Have a Great Holidays Everyone,
cmj