Re: Page feedback

by Mike Mann <mmann(at)internetx.net>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:04:58 -0500
 To:  Den N Den <nregel(at)io.com>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Denny

IE 4.0
Win 95
33.6 modem
800x600
16million colors

Download time was really slow. Try breaking up the index page. Or loose
some of the graphic links to external sites. The changing bg color also
slows it down. It was a nice trick when it first came out but it's tired now.
I also counted 11 animated gifs on the main page. That in itself will choke
most connections.
Not many people in Texas get Monty Python so I have to give you a star for
that one. Wink wink nudge nudge.

At 09:13 AM 12/30/97 -0600, Den N Den wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'd like to get some input on my page, particularly from those on "older"
>browsers to see if it's rendered acceptably.  Also, info on download time
>and any other pertinent comments are welcome.  Comments on all pages would
>be great.
>
>Thanks!
>
>http://www.io.com/~nregel/  is the URL.
>
>Denny

> Mynd you, moose bytes kan be pretti nasti....
>           -Monty Python
>
> Never cared for what they say, never
> cared for what they know. But I know.
>              -Metallica "Nothing Else Matters"
>
> Denny Payne at Illuminati Online -  http://www.io.com/~nregel
>
> WARNING! Unsolicited email advertisements are subject to a
> $50 processing and storage fee per message. ** NO SPAM!! **

Mike Mann
When Your Image Counts
Count on Midnight Oil Web Works
http://www.midnight-oil.net/