Re: Commerical Site Critique

by Benjamin Sabini <archer(at)swlink.net>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 1998 01:28:44
 To:  "Phillip M. Strickland" <pstrickland(at)coastalnet.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I checked out your site.

Here are my thoughts;

Get rid the Java stuff, I looks like it doesn't serve any purpose beside
slowing the download. If you want to proff that you can do Java
programming, put it in your portfolio or somewhere else.

Try to use the 600x500 pixels rules so people don't have to scroll sideway,
unless you design it this way.

Your navigation design it not consistent, you use java for the front page
but forget the rest of them. But over all the navigation is simple and
straight forward.

Good Luck

At 06:09 PM 1/11/98 -0500, Phillip M. Strickland wrote:
>I've totally re-done my site since I last asked for a critique about 10 days
>ago.  Thanks to the couple of members who replied.  Could you guys look at
>it again please.  I'm looking for the following:
>
>-Load time
>-Ease of Navigation
>-How it appears in your browser (list type please)
>
>Thanks again!    http://www.pswd.com

----
Benjamin Sabini
archer(at)swlink.net