Re: No real critique last time... :-((

by "Chuck McGee, Jr." <cmj(at)airmail.net>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:16:01 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:14 PM 1/12/98 -0000, James East wrote:

>>[snip]
>>18. dates in European format that could be best presented either spelled
>>out or abbreviated for the global community to understand.
>>[snip]
>
>I could say the exact same thing about most American sites. I personally
>spell my dates out, but most people don't.  Maybe you didn't mean it this
>way, but the way you put it sounded like you were bashing Europeans. Try to
>phrase it better next time?

I've read and re-read it three or four times and for the life of me I
cannot tell where the bashing part comes in ... I thought the part "could
be best presented" was very considerate.

I, too, am from abroad and was accustomed to the format that he has chosen,
but have since realized that this is an unsavory practice when
communicating globally ... either personally or professional in my opinion.
 In this day and age ... with borders and oceans seamingly sewn together as
the Internet would have it ... I just thought that I would mention it.

My apologies if offense was taken in confusion with an insightful statement
and my representation of it.

>Just a pointer...
pointer taken under advisement.  Thank you.

If further discussion is warranted, I would be glad to continue in private
as this is not the appropriate place.

cmj

------------Web Site Development & Consulting-----------
Chuck McGee, Jr.	http://web2.airmail.net/cmj/
---------------Member of HTML Writers Guild----------------
  < List Guide - Critique / Sr. List Guide - Theory >