Re: Business Site: Invesco

by "Chuck McGee, Jr." <cmj(at)airmail.net>

 Date:  Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:51:07 -0600
 To:  satya <satyap(at)bom2.vsnl.net.in>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Satya,

At 11:51 PM 3/11/98 +0530, satya wrote:
>summary: framed disaster on lynx.

Acknowledged ... ;-(

>On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Chuck McGee, Jr. wrote:
>
>> 3. Although there is a complete and functional text-only version available
>> (thanks to us BTW), what do you think about the frames and their
>> implementation and functionality?
>the first page i hit was one line, with one link saying "text-only" so i
>followed that link... which led to a frameset with no no-frames, so i used
>the frame links which lynx 2.7 provides and saw the menu frame (the main
>frame had subframes and i hate navigating those), which displays ok but
>the contact us page form has a bad html error, which probably means the
>submit button has no form action defined, and dont u like run-on sentences
>like these? :)

Actually, you did fine ... at least run-on sentences generally have
substance ... rather than the alternative one word to describe all ... ;-)

>> 4. Speaking of frames ... how do you feel about the present navigation?
>it stinks :(
>even from the menu (sidebar frame) the pages i got were framesets with no
>noframes.

Blunt and to the point ... I like that ... Excellent point that definitely
needs immediate attention.

>> 5. In your opinion ... Does the site reflect the nature of their industry?
>> (meaning ... does it come across more as a conservative presence or does it
>> have a contemporary feel to it?)
>i dunno, i couldn't get at the meat!

Noted.

>also, the first page that loaded was over 23000 bytes, but only one line.
>i presume this was javascript?

Your presumption is correct ... in part.  Javascript and applets do take up
a vast majority of the entrance.  Something that is actually sitting on my
plate at the very present.

Thanks for the astute comments Satya ... I'm looking forward to all the
others ... (I hope)

BTW ... I wrote, "Now that we have the redesign contract elusively," in the
initial request... please make note as it should have read, "Now that we
have the redesign contract [exlusively]," ... takes on a different meaning
that way doesn't it?

cmj

------------Web Site Development & Consulting-----------
Chuck McGee, Jr.	http://web2.airmail.net/cmj/
---------------Member of HTML Writers Guild----------------
<Area Guide Manager: Theory, Critique, Standards>