Re: ::Begging:: Critique PLEASE???

by Greg Kirsch <hwg_lists(at)kirschgraphix.com>

 Date:  Sun, 15 Mar 1998 16:26:43 -0500
 To:  BludDuel <BludDuel(at)aol.com>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:48 AM 3/11/98 EST, you wrote:
>:) okies... here we go....
>
>I'm remodling my site... critique of exsisting stuuf, plus suggestions for
>additions are VERY welcomed (yes, i know it need grafx).
>Http://www.angelfire.com/il/vagabond2
>or:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/il/vagabond2/">Death's Mansion</A>

Viewed in Netscape 3.something Gold on Windows 95 on a Pentium class system
with a resolution of 1024x768 with 16 bit color and connected at 33.6k

First suggestion, When posting to the list, use a subject that gives
readers some idea of what the site is about, either a name or
classification. Usually because of the little time I have on the net, and
the mass number of messages in the list, I delete ones with non informative
subjects.

Second, drop the javascript request for my name. I find those very
annoying. Plus the think comes up every time you come BACK to the page.

Speaking of BACK, how about a link Back to the first page from the two
links you have? This would make it easier to navigate. Ok, I found the link
back from the chat page, except instead of reloading your site back into
the browser, it opens a new window to bring your site back. I am one of the
ones who believes that opening windows without notification is a no-no on
web pages, which lately is why I avoid Geocities.

On the main page, you may want to make the Page title a little larger to
make it stand out more from the text.

Some people say Webrings are a no-no, but for personal pages, i think they
are ok.

I take it from the main page you are just starting out with making web
pages, and with that in mind, it's a decent start.
Keep learning, there is plenty of info out there for it. Heck, I'd be
embarrassed to put some of my earlier pages back online ;-)

Hope this helps.

-Greg