Re: auctioneer's site for review

by Greg Kirsch <hwg_lists(at)kirschgraphix.com>

 Date:  Sun, 15 Mar 1998 16:46:42 -0500
 To:  Michael Abramovich <mabram(at)balance.com.au>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:04 AM 3/10/98 +1100, you wrote:
>http://www.wr.com.au/balance/lawsons/
>
>is a client's site about to go live. any comments allowed.
>browsers before version 3's not advised (client's choice).
>we are still validating so there may be "little things". y'know.
>
>- Michael A

Very nice looking site, laid out very well, with good flow and colors.

Viewed in Netscape 3.something Gold in Win95 on a pentium system connected
at 33.6 with 1024x768-16bit resolution.

Here is the only suggestions I have for the page:

1. On each page put a "to top" link at the bottom, along with an e-mail
address for the webmaster if nothing else. (what if a problem occurs and I
cannot load the contact page).

2. On the images that change for the mouseovers, for the icon for the  page
you are at, maybe make a paler colored version just for the one icon of the
page you are at.

3. On the buyers and sellers page, I liked the sub menu on the right,
however for my viewing at least, it seemed indented from the right too
much, under the departments icon, when there seemed to be room under the
contacts icon. IMO, it would look better under the contacts icon, all the
way to the right, so none of the text below it can go farther right than
the sub menu.

I didn't get time to go through and read all the information with each
page, just mainly took a look at navigation and looks of the page.

Hope these suggestions help. It looks to be a very nice site!

-Greg