Re: hwg-critique-digest V1 #122

by Jesse Pate <j-pate(at)nwu.edu>

 Date:  Thu, 14 May 1998 20:48:06 -0500
 To:  Spiffy61 <Spiffy61(at)aol.com>,
hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:59 PM 5/14/98 EDT, Spiffy61 wrote:
>Can somebody please review my site at
>http://members.aol.com/spiffy61/index.html

 Netscape Communicator Pro, PII 233 w/32 MB, 10 MB/s ethernet connection,
24 Bit color, 800x600.

  1. I was met with numeous JavaScript errors.
  2. You've used <BLINK>. Repeatedly. This is generally considered to be a
sin in web design.
  3. You've got six broken images. Seven if you count your background,
which didn't load because it was   in a ".art" format, as opposed to GIF or
JPG.
  4. You have META tags in the BODY. They belong in the <HEAD> section.
  5. You have coding errors that could cause your page to be viewed
incorrectly in many browsers. If you view the source in Netscape, you'll
see blinking text. That is a bad thing.
  6. I could go on, but I'll stop now.

  You've got a lot of problems with this site. I'd suggest looking at a few
of the other pages that have been created by the members of this list to
get some stylistic ideas and then work at revamping your site. Also, you
may want to use something besides AOL's Personal Publisher... I'd suggest
Allaire's Homesite (http://www.allaire.com), as I feel it's the best HTML
editor on the market.
  Good luck!

  Jesse Pate
  ADN Design

**

Now the laughter turns to tears, now the days seem like years
I hear the gods begin to cheer, as we watch our sky disappear
This is my Exodus
This is my Wire
Send it to those who care
-- The Nixons, "Wire"