Re: http://www.guidenet.net/byrd/

by Roger Stenning <roger(at)isg.abel.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:52:06 +0000
 To:  hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org,
guide(at)ao.net
  todo: View Thread, Original
Craig -

>Hello Fellow members. I'd like to invite a quick look at this first page
>of a commercial site that I'm just starting to work on. The colors are a
>bit bright, but that's indeed their logo colors taken right off the ECPS
>files of their pamphlet stuff. No links work and the sign will be either
>an image map or sliced images. I haven't decided.

OK, the site loaded bloody quickly, for a US site at 06:40 am GMT, so
that's a good start, IMHO!

The colours were OK, but, as you said, a bit strident. Still, that's their
corporate colours, so there y'go <grin>!

Basic Impressions: Goot into; it's uncluttered, straight to the point, and
(aside from the colours at the top of the page) easy on the eyes.

One question, though - what on earth is that stuff below the colour bars
and above the sign? looks like part of the background image, but it made me
blink, and wonder if I had some heavy dust on the screen!

>I'm just looking for basic impressions. I think that something is
>missing, but I'm not sure what it is.

Couldn't spot anything here, so I guess it's just "creative blink" at work.

I wouldn't have any problem, were I to be interested in buying Florida real
Estate, in looking longer at the site.

BTW - the text links at the bottom of the screen were a neat idea - in case
of slow loading times, I presume?

Later!

Roger