Re: debut page (server back up)

by killian jenkins <killian(at)terminal.cz>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:12:17 +0100
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:34 PM 2/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Sorry, Mr. Killian Jenkins, but I have to refrain from critiquing
>a site which excludes (by choice) "technically deficient" parties from
>participating.  If, as your alert states, the configuration is being
>"read," I would hazard a guess that you need to go back to JavaScript
>configuration school and learn how to "read" more configurations....
>The manner in which this alert is handled, while attempting to be on
>the cutting edge of technology, is quite the contrary:   Where were
>you when the concept of "user friendly" came into existence?  Outside
>having a cigarette?
>
>Sincerely,

	Well, Barry, I don't smoke... and as the subject header of this thread
would imply, I am relatively new to this medium of expression and have
never claimed anything otherwise.  Your reply strikes me as arrogant and
juvenile.  Constructive criticism is welcome, whereas the disgruntled rant
of a  bed-wetter is not. My mistake, if any, is not excluding
"technologically deficient" parties from visiting this site, but striving
to experiment with the latest browser technology my first time out.  There
is a good reason that I have chosen to direct browsers traffic on this
page.  That reason being that I spent way too much time on this site to
have incompatible browsers hacking up my design efforts.  Actually, I
propose that a site which has a unique mirror page (as this one soon will)
for all popular browser and resolution configurations is significantly more
'user friendly' than sites that try to accommodate this glaring disparity
between browsers and resolutions with a single page.  It's a helluva a lot
more work and I don't appreciate being flamed for my effort.  BTW, I
checked out your site and have to confess, it is stunning, mesmerizing,
simply riveting and after all of this... "user friendly".  You are the web
master whom I aspire to rival someday.  Get real, pal, this list is about
constructive criticism, it's not a public vehicle for insults.
Regards
Killian

http://members.tripod.com/~SiteScribe/
http://www.iinet.com/users/recruit/temp/