Re: http://www.guidenet.net/

by Alpha Witch <alpha1(at)atel.net>

 Date:  Tue, 04 Aug 1998 07:34:26 -0400
 To:  "Craig T. Harding" <guide(at)ao.net>,
Critique List <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:50 AM 8/4/98 -0400, Craig T. Harding wrote:

>This seems to work ok when I test with MSIE 4.x and Netscape 4.5, but I
>know that some older browsers don't support background images in table
>cells.

Good Morning, Craig!! :)

The Dinosaur (Tandy 2500 SX/25, 13", Netscape 2.01, 28.8) and I went to
check out your site ... much to Dino's excitement (he's been feeling VERY
neglected since I've been using housemate's NEW computer!! :)

What he saw was a dark purple-y, lined-type background load first.

After everything is loaded ...

- dark purple space (the background) ALL around the page
- the white 'rectangle'that contains "Guidenet.net" is in the centre, with
the purple background underneath going all the way to the bottom
- the city 'night' scene (love the moon!! :) is in the left column with the
white 'wave' on the right edge and the same night scene in the right column
of the table, with the white 'wave' showing slightly on the left edge

So, Craig ... *I* would say that it certainly 'degrades' WELL!!!!

Hope this helps!
Monica and Dino