Re: Critique Request [ http://www2.isys.ca/tawaern/index.html ]

by Nathalie Esteban <nate(at)ucla.edu>

 Date:  Wed, 06 Jan 1999 18:52:03 -0800
 To:  "Todd Waern" <tawaern(at)isys.ca>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Todd =)

Here's my 2 cents =)

1- It's really difficult to say much about the site because, quite simply,
there isn't a page yet that talks about quizzes or anything. You're not
really telling me, the viewer, why your site is called "Quizzer's Realm."
Is it a nickname, or are you going to collect online quizzes?

2- The personal information page needs quite a bit of work. Honestly, the
table format is boring. Here's an idea: call it "the quizzer's FAQ." Then,
do it in a question and answer format. Or be more creative than that; I
think that personal information can be presented in a way that really
attracts people to it; after all, if it's a page about you, it should
contain some information about *you*, right? =) Something like "my favorite
movies are such and such" as opposed to a table, that makes you seem not
different from a robot in terms of personal self-expression. You could
include links to the websites for your favorite movies, etc.

The site's look & feel: not a bad start, but I think you can do more in
terms of graphics. Play around with a program like PSP or Photoshop, be
creative =).

-Nathalie Esteban

I'm wondering why you use a pulldown menu for the site navigation.

At 09:08 PM 1/6/99 -0500, Todd Waern wrote:
>Greetings:
>
>Please give my personal site a critique.  Just have to re-do it, as my ISP
>has been having problems with thier web server, etc..
>
>The URL is http://www2.isys.ca/tawaern/index.html
>
>I will be changing web hosts as soon as I find a good one, that is not to
>expensive for my budget
>
>I look forward to your comments.
>
>Page should look fine in all resolutions but was designed @ 800*600 and 16
>Million Colors

Live not as though there were a thousand years ahead of you. Fate is at
your elbow; make yourself good while life and power are still yours.

-Marcus Aurelius, 2nd. Century A.D.