Re: Critique Requested for www.virtualrecycling.com

by Alpha Witch <alpha1(at)atel.net>

 Date:  Mon, 01 Jun 1998 06:57:04
 To:  "Andrea Downey-Franchuk,
Principal" <enscribe(at)mts.net>,
"hwg-critique(at)hwg.org" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:57 PM 5/31/98 -0500, Andrea Downey-Franchuk, Principal wrote:

>  4.    DEGRADABILITY. How does the site look if your browser doesn't
>support
>  HTML 4.0 and/or CSS (style sheets)?

Good morning, Andrea!! :)

Guess this is me and the dinosaur (Tandy 2500 SX/25, 16 meg RAM, 13"
monitor, Netscape 2.01) !!

What I 'see' is a plain, very pale peach (?), dark blue print with
turquoise links. (I thought it was white until I compared it to the white
in the logo!! :)

Everything loaded very quickly ... and is quite easy to read!

Ummm .... on the front page, you really don't need the 'border' around the
HWG logo. :)

At first I thought that I could take the 'tests' before I read the actual
page, so I tried clicking on the little square boxes used for the 'lists'
... but ... they are 'just' little square boxes. My 'default' font is Times
New Roman, so I thought that perhaps they were boxes due to the font ...
but I usually use Arial ... so I switched to arial ... and they are still
little boxes. Perhaps a different 'list' choice (solid dots?) wouldn't be
so confusing?

Otherwise ... everything looks great ... even in the old dino!! :)

Monica (now in Virginia, used to be in Ontario, who realises just how far
behind Canada the States is in recycling!! :(