Re: <http://zeocool.org>

by Alpha Witch <alpha1(at)atel.net>

 Date:  Sun, 07 Jun 1998 21:11:57
 To:  "ZeoCool" <zeocool(at)chatcircuit.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:11 PM 6/7/98 -0400, ZeoCool wrote:

>Please visit my page at http://zeocool.org would like any comments on the
pages at all ... interested to see what needs to be fixed, etc...    This
site is rated G , meaning it is safe for kids, and families to surf.

Greetings, ZeoCool!! :)

Well ... the dinosaur (Tandy 2500 SX/25, 13" monitor, Netscape 2.01, 28.8)
and I went and visited your site ... and ... it took quite a while for your
main page graphic (38+K) to load. Also ... there is quite a bit of space
between the 'click below' and the actual graphic. Also ... you could change
the 'click below' to 'click above' and put it below the graphic, so that
the graphic is the first thing people see. And ... if your graphic was just
a bit smaller, there wouldn't be a scroll bar on my monitor ... but ...
that's also just my teeny-weeny monitor. <G>

Your index page is nice and neat ... but perhaps if you make the table a
bit wider (90% ?) the 'Kids Links' and 'Sudbury Links' wouldn't be so
squished together.

Lots of great links on your Kids Link page ... but, again for me, the text
at the top of the page was really small.

I also found the font size on your Reboot page 'really' small. Could you
perhaps divide this into a couple of pages and make the font larger?

You might also think about links at the bottom of each page, rather than
having to go back to the index page to continue throughout your site.

I liked the setup for your 'Sudbury Links' page ... but the bright blue
background, blue text and white titles were kind of hard on the eyes.

Overall ... I think you've done a great job! Remember .. my 'complaints'
are great to see if your page 'degrades' ... cause I know they will look
better on my 'good' computer at work!! :)

Monica