RE: Foodbank Critique please! :)

by Alpha Witch <alpha1(at)atel.net>

 Date:  Wed, 01 Jul 1998 18:04:14
 To:  wallen(at)pipeline.com,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org,
"Atticus Longwalker" <lngwlkr(at)netnitco.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:29 PM 7/1/98 -4, Mary Ann Allen wrote:

>I'm not sure that a comma is necessary before the "and" - I've read
>many times that the word before the "and" needs none.  At least that
>is what the usage was the last time I wrote a paper (3 or 4 years
>ago)!  Maybe it actually is optional.

Greetings, Mary Ann! :)

Hmmm ... I thought that perhaps putting a comma after the and was an
'Americanism'.

In Canada we don't put them there! And ... although 'when in Rome' ... I
have a difficult enough time remembering to change many of my esses with
zees!! :)

Monica